2G scam: Morani’s bail plea dismissed (Lead)May 23rd, 2011 - 1:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 23 (IANS) A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court here Monday dismissed the anticipatory bail plea of Cineyug Films’ founder Karim Morani, named as co-conspirator in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, and asked him to appear before the court Tuesday.
Special CBI Judge O.P. Saini said: “Morani’s bail application is dismissed. He will have to appear before the court tomorrow at 10 a.m.”
Morani had been exempted from personal appearance in court due to ill-health.
The CBI’s first chargesheet April 2 had named, besides former communication minister A. Raja, former telecom secretary Siddharth Behura, Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Balwa, Raja’s aide R.K. Chandolia, Swan Telecom’s Vinod Goenka, Unitech’s Sanjay Chandra and three executives of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group: Gautam Doshi, Hari Nair and Surendra Pipara.
In its April 25 supplementary chargesheet, the CBI named DMK chief M. Karunanidhi’s daughter Kanimozhi and Kalaignar TV managing director Sharad Kumar as co-conspirators after it traced an illegal money trail of Rs.214 crore in the scam.
The supplementary chargesheet also named Karim Morani as well as Asif Balwa and Rajiv B. Aggarwal of Kusegaon Realty.
Except for Morani and Pipara, who is in judicial custody at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here, all those named in the CBI chargesheets are in Tihar Jail.
- 2G case: No bail for Balwas, Rajiv Aggarwal (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- 2G scam: Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar appear in CBI court (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- 2G case: Court reserves order on Morani's bail plea - May 26, 2011
- 2G scam: Shahid Balwa's bail decision reserved - May 18, 2011
- 2G scam: Former bureaucrat's bail plea rejected - Jun 03, 2011
- 2G scam: CBI opposes Siddhartha Behura's bail plea - May 26, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail decision Monday (Lead) - May 21, 2011
- 2G scam: Arguments on framing charges from Thursday (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- 2G case: Morani's bail plea dismissed, arrested (Second Lead) - May 30, 2011
- 2G scam: Kanimozhi applies for bail (Second Lead) - May 06, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail plea dismissed (Third Lead) - May 23, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail plea dismissed (Second Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Cineyug director Morani seeks anticipatory bail - May 02, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani appears in court, moves bail plea (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- 2G scam: Bail pleas of five corporate honchos rejected (Lead) - May 23, 2011
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, anil dhirubhai ambani group, bail plea, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, chargesheets, court tomorrow, doshi, goenka, hari nair, illegal money, india institute, judicial custody, m karunanidhi, money trail, personal appearance, saini, siddharth, spectrum allocation