2G case: Notice to CBI on Balwa’s plea (Lead)February 22nd, 2012 - 8:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 22 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notice to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on a plea filed by Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Balwa seeking to quash charges against him in the 2G case.
Justice M.L. Mehta sought the CBI response by March 13.
Balwa, who was released on bail by a CBI special court, moved the high court to quash the main and supplementary chargesheet filed by the investigating agency against him.
“There is no circumstantial evidences of conspiracy, to be proved either directly or indirectly, against the petitioner, thus, the alleged accused could not be held responsible even for the offences of criminal conspiracy punishable under section 120 B of IPC (Indian Penal Code),” Balwa said.
Seeking discharge from charges under the Prevention of Corruption Act, the petitioner said: “There is no evidence on record to prove these facts that the accused had obtained for himself or for any other person any valuable things or pecuniary advantage.”
Balwa, along with other accused, was booked under penal provisions related to criminal conspiracy, criminal breach of trust, cheating and forgery. He was also booked under the anti-corruption law.
The court framed additional charges against him under penal provisions for giving false evidence and criminal conspiracy for creating false documents to show as loan transaction the Rs.200 crore allegedly paid to the DMK-run Kalaignar TV.
- 2G case: Shahid Balwa gets bail, Chandolia's plea pending (Second Lead) - Nov 29, 2011
- 2G scam: Framing of charges against 17 accused Saturday - Oct 21, 2011
- Kanimozhi moves high court seeking quashing of 2G charges - Mar 23, 2012
- 2G scam: Two Kusegoan officials seek discharge - Aug 18, 2011
- 2G case: Court notice to CBI on Morani's plea - Mar 26, 2012
- 2G scam: High court notice to CBI on Kanimozhi's plea - Mar 27, 2012
- I am innocent in 2G scam, says Morani - Aug 19, 2011
- 2G: Court defers hearing on two accused's plea till Jan 10 - Dec 15, 2011
- The 14 accused in the 2G case - May 15, 2012
- 2G case: Notice to CBI on Reliance officials' plea - Mar 13, 2012
- CWG scam: Lalit Bhanot's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Order on framing charges in 2G case Sep 15 - Aug 29, 2011
- Charges against the 2G accused - Oct 22, 2011
- Bail orders reserved, dark Diwali for Kanimozhi, six others - Oct 24, 2011
- Arrest Kanimozhi, cancel Kalaignar TV's license: Jayalalithaa - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: breach of trust, cbi response, central bureau of investigation, criminal breach of trust, criminal conspiracy, crore, delhi high court, evidences, false documents, false evidence, forgery, indian penal code, investigating agency, loan transaction, mehta, penal provisions, petitioner, prevention of corruption act, rs 200, shahid