2G case: No bail for Balwas, Rajiv Aggarwal (Lead)May 24th, 2011 - 3:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) A special CBI court Tuesday turned down the bail pleas of Shahid Balwa, Asif Balwa and Rajiv B. Aggarwal in the 2G spectrum scam case. While Shahid Balwa is the promoter of Swan Telecom, the other two are from Kusegaon Realty.
CBI special judge O.P. Saini rejected the bail applications of all three, named as co-accused along with former communications minister A. Raja in the case related to irregularities in the allocation of airwaves to telecom companies, causing huge losses to the exchequer.
The CBI’s first chargesheet April 2 had named, besides Raja, former telecom secretary Siddharth Behura, Shahid Balwa, Raja’s aide R.K. Chandolia, Swan Telecom’s Vinod Goenka, Unitech’s Sanjay Chandra and three executives of the ADAG - Gautam Doshi, Hari Nair and Surendra Pipara.
Asif Balwa and Rajiv Aggarwal were named in the supplementary chargesheet filed April 25. The Central Bureau of Investigation had also named Cineyug Films’ Karim Morani as well as DMK chief M. Karunanidhi’s daughter Kanimozhi and Kalaignar TV chief Sharad Kumar as co-conspirators after it traced an illegal money trail of Rs.214 crore in the scam.
The probe agency claims it has unearthed an illegal money trail that moved from Dynamix to Kusegaon and then on to Cineyug, all part of the DB Group, that promoted Swan Telecom, ending with Kalaignar TV, majority-owned by Karunanidhi’s family.
- 2G case: Court reserves order on Morani's bail plea - May 26, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail plea dismissed (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- 2G case: Morani's bail plea dismissed, arrested (Second Lead) - May 30, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail plea dismissed (Third Lead) - May 23, 2011
- 2G scam: Shahid Balwa's bail decision reserved - May 18, 2011
- Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar's bail pleas dismissed (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail plea dismissed (Second Lead) - May 23, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail decision Monday (Lead) - May 21, 2011
- DMK to take legal action to establish truth in 2G scam (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- 2G scam: Former bureaucrat's bail plea rejected - Jun 03, 2011
- 2G case: Court rejects bail for Balwas, Rajiv Aggarwal (Second Lead) - May 24, 2011
- 2G scam: Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar appear in CBI court (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- 2G scam: Arguments on framing charges from Thursday (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar in Tihar Jail for 2G scam (Roundup) - May 20, 2011
- Kanimozhi's bail plea verdict on May 20 (Second Lead) - May 14, 2011
Tags: adag, aggarwal, bail pleas, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, db group, doshi, goenka, hari nair, illegal money, m karunanidhi, money trail, rajiv, saini, scam case, siddharth, special judge, surendra, telecom companies, vinod