2G case: Morani’s plea for interim bail rejectedJuly 19th, 2011 - 4:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 19 (IANS) A Delhi Court Tuesday rejected the interim bail plea of Cineyug Films founder Karim Morani, who is in jail for his alleged involvement in the 2G spectrum scam.
Justice Ajit Bharihoke said, “No case is made for interim bail.”
Justice Bharihoke July 14 reserved his order on Morani’s application for interim bail, saying: “The order on the plea is reserved.”
Seeking relief for Morani on health grounds, senior advocate Siddharth Luthra earlier said: “My client has a history of disease relating to coronary arteries and he be granted an interim bail for four weeks to consult his doctors.”
To this, the court asked: “Do you want to say that those who are suffering from such ailments could have a licence to commit offence and remain out on bail?”
The court June 23 directed Tihar Jail authorities to submit a fresh medical report on Morani. The plea was deferred thereafter.
Morani was admitted to the G.B. Pant Hospital June 23 and discharged the next day.
The Central Bureau of Investigation named Morani as a co-conspirator in a charge sheet after it traced an illegal money trail of Rs.214 crore in the scam.
Morani first appeared in the trial court May 24, a day after his anticipatory bail was dismissed.
- 2G scam: Court reserves order on Morani's interim bail - Jul 14, 2011
- Morani's interim bail decision likely Tuesday - Jul 18, 2011
- 2G case: Morani's interim bail plea rejected (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- 2G case: Morani's bail plea deferred (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- Court asks for fresh medical report on Morani (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Court orders three-member board to examine Morani - Jul 08, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail plea deferred - Jun 27, 2011
- Morani interim bail plea hearing July 8 - Jul 05, 2011
- Court asks for fresh medical report on Morani - Jun 23, 2011
- Apex court rejects Morani's interim bail plea (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Consider Morani's plea for separate cell, Tihar told - Jun 07, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail decision Monday (Lead) - May 21, 2011
- Supreme Court rejects Morani's interim bail plea - Aug 01, 2011
- 2G case: Court reserves order on Morani's bail plea - May 26, 2011
- 2G scam: Bail pleas of five corporate honchos rejected (Lead) - May 23, 2011
Tags: ailments, ajit, bail plea, central bureau of investigation, conspirator, coronary arteries, crore, delhi court, health grounds, history of disease, illegal money, jail authorities, july 14, june 23, karim, luthra, medical report, money trail, pant, trial court