2G case: Morani’s bail plea deferred (Lead)June 27th, 2011 - 2:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 27 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Monday deferred till July 5 the hearing on the interim bail plea of Cineyug Films founder Karim Morani, who is in jail for alleged involvement in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
Justice Ajit Bharihoke announced the decision after he was informed by the G.B. Pant Hospital authorities that Morani’s medical report was not yet ready.
The court June 23 directed Tihar Jail authorities to submit a fresh medical report on Morani, who sought interim bail on grounds of poor health.
He was admitted to the G.B. Pant Hospital June 23 and discharged the next day.
“According to Morani, he fell and sustained injuries to his head and hip. He has also been complaining of dizziness and unsteadiness,” said the hospital’s medical report, adding that Morani had no recent history of chest pain or sudden onset of breathlessness.
The report added that even though he has been discharged, a follow-up in the cardiology and neurosurgery outpatients department is required.
A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court ordered the arrest of Morani, named co-conspirator in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, after dismissing his bail plea May 30. Morani first appeared in the court May 24, a day after his anticipatory bail was dismissed.
The CBI named Morani a co-conspirator in a chargesheet after it traced an illegal money trail of Rs.214 crore in the scam.
Earlier, defence counsel Siddharth Luthra, appearing for Morani, 52, said that he is suffering from various ailments for the last 31 years.
Luthra said Morani had undergone angioplasty in 1991, 1993 and 1997 and had an open heart surgery in 2007.
- 2G case: Morani's interim bail plea rejected (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- 2G case: Morani's plea for interim bail rejected - Jul 19, 2011
- 2G scam: Court reserves order on Morani's interim bail - Jul 14, 2011
- Morani's interim bail decision likely Tuesday - Jul 18, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail plea deferred - Jun 27, 2011
- Court orders three-member board to examine Morani - Jul 08, 2011
- Court asks for fresh medical report on Morani (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Morani interim bail plea hearing July 8 - Jul 05, 2011
- Court asks for fresh medical report on Morani - Jun 23, 2011
- Apex court rejects Morani's interim bail plea (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- 2G case: Morani's bail plea dismissed, arrested (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Consider Morani's plea for separate cell, Tihar told - Jun 07, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail decision Monday - May 21, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail decision Monday (Lead) - May 21, 2011
- 2G scam: Bail pleas of five corporate honchos rejected (Lead) - May 23, 2011
Tags: ajit, bail plea, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, conspirator, crore, defence counsel, delhi high court, hospital authorities, illegal money, jail authorities, medical report, money trail, open heart surgery, outpatients department, poor health, siddharth, spectrum allocation, sudden onset, unsteadiness