29 percent of Poles believe country ready for Euro 2012March 29th, 2012 - 4:26 pm ICT by IANS
Warsaw, March 29 (IANS) About 29 percent of Poles believe the country is well prepared for Euro 2012 Football Championship in June, while 20 percent think otherwise and 51 percent do not have an opinion on the matter, an IQS Group survey for the daily Puls Biznesu shows.
According to the survey, Poles also praised new sports infrastructure, hotels and airports but criticize delayed road construction and outdated railway system, Xinhua quoted the daily as sayingwrote.
According to the Globalisation Institute if the tournament is treated like a purely commercial event, it will be a financial disaster.
“But in the long run it will have positive effects. In the years 2008-2020 the tournament should boost Poland’s GDP growth by 2.1 percent. And this is a strong impulse,” the daily wrote quoting Adam Czerniak, a Kredyt Bank analyst, who co-authored a report on the tournament influence on the economy.
The 16-nation Euro 2012 soccer championships, which run from for June 8 to July 1, 2012, will take place in four Polish cities of Warsaw, Gdansk, Wroclaw and Poznan as well as four Ukrainian cities of Kiev, Lvov, Donetsk and Kharkov.
- Handbook ready for football fans ahead of Euro 2012 - May 22, 2012
- Polish cops to assist in Ukraine during Euro 2012 - Mar 14, 2012
- Tango 12 named official ball of Euro 2012 - Nov 30, 2011
- Stay off during Euro 2012, Polish PM tells protesters - May 19, 2012
- Warsaw takes training to help blind fans at Euro 2012 - Mar 14, 2012
- Ban on smoking and tobacco ads at Euro 2012 - Oct 21, 2011
- Shortage of public toilets for Euro 2012 - Feb 23, 2012
- Polish border guards ready for Euro 2012 - May 23, 2012
- UEFA pleased with Euro 2012 preparations, says Ukraine - Nov 22, 2011
- Poland claims it is well prepared for Euro 2012 - May 09, 2012
- Polish minister expects Euro 2012 to generate jobs - Apr 06, 2012
- Ukraine enjoys Euro 2012 tourism windfall - Jun 19, 2012
- Polish hotels begin lowering tariff before Euro 2012 - May 25, 2012
- Ukraine's Euro 2012 preparations enter home stretch: President - May 31, 2012
- Euro 2012: Polish government launches social campaign - May 26, 2012
Tags: czerniak, donetsk, euro 2012, financial disaster, football championship, gdansk, gdp growth, group survey, kharkov, kredyt bank, lvov, new sports, polish cities, puls biznesu, railway system, road construction, soccer championships, ukrainian cities, wroclaw, xinhua