29 killed as truck plunges into river in ChinaMay 16th, 2008 - 12:04 am ICT by admin
Guiyang (China), May 15 (Xinhua) At least 29 people were killed and 14 others injured when a farm truck plunged into a river in the south-western province of Guizhou Thursday, the police said. The accident occurred at about 11 a.m. in Yaoshang town in Buyi and Miao Autonomous prefecture, when the vehicle, carrying 42 passengers, plunged over 13 meters off a bridge into a river.
Twenty-eight people, including four children, died at the scene while another succcumbed to his injuries later in the hospital.
The conditions of six of the 14 injured in the accident were stated to be very serious.
Most of the passengers were from the same village and were travelling to another town for a banquet.
The police said driver’s negligence was the reason behind the deadly accident.
- South West China chemical plant blast kills 5, injures 4 - Jul 22, 2010
- Bus plunges into ravine in southwest China, killing 15 - Mar 13, 2012
- 26 missing after bus falls into China river (Lead) - Jul 18, 2010
- Internet cafe blast kills 6, injures 37 in SW China - Dec 05, 2010
- Four killed in China bus crash - Feb 01, 2012
- Illegally stored chemicals blamed for China blast (Lead) - Dec 05, 2010
- 16 killed, 21 injured in road accident in Tibet - Mar 15, 2011
- Six killed in China internet cafe blast - Dec 05, 2010
- Four killed in China bus accidents - Jan 08, 2012
- 10 dead in China colliery gas leak - Nov 28, 2009
- 10 killed in China barn collapse - Oct 18, 2009
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- Nine killed in China bus-truck collision - Dec 10, 2011
- Tour bus accident northwest of Tokyo kills 7, injures 39 - Apr 30, 2012
- China bus accident toll reaches 18 (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012