29 IMA cadets hurt in Himachal road accidentSeptember 20th, 2008 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, Sep 19 (IANS) Twenty-nine cadets of the Indian Military Academy (IMA) at Dehradun were injured when the bus they were travelling in turned turtle in Himachal Pradesh’s Kangra district, police said Friday.The accident took place late Thursday night near Sujanpur village in Kangra, Dharamsala Superintendent of Police Atul Kumar Fulzele said.
“The bus, which was coming from Pathankot in Punjab, hit a roadside tree and turned upside down, injuring 29 cadets,” Fulzele told IANS.
He said the injured were first taken to the Tanda Medical College in Kangra and later referred to the Yol army cantonment near Dharamsala.
“All the injured are out of danger,” he said.
Fulzele said a case had been registered against the bus driver.
Army officials at the Yol cantonment declined to comment on the accident.
- 22 passengers killed as bus falls into gorge near Dharamsala - Nov 06, 2009
- Six pilgrims killed in Himachal road accident - Jun 21, 2009
- Probe begins in Himachal bus accident - Nov 07, 2009
- 29 killed in Himachal as bus falls into gorge (Lead) - Nov 06, 2009
- 29 die in Nepal bus accident - Sep 11, 2012
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Fourth Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 41 persons killed in two Himachal road accidents - Mar 03, 2011
- Two killed, 37 injured in Kashmir road accident - May 16, 2012
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- 19 killed in Iran traffic accident - Sep 02, 2012
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal accident - Jul 15, 2012
- Dozen Tamil Nadu pilgrims hurt - May 10, 2012
- 34 killed in Afghan bus accident - Aug 20, 2011
- Two women die in accident - Oct 03, 2010