29 die in Damascus blastsMay 10th, 2012 - 3:51 pm ICT by IANS
Damascus, May 10 (IANS) At least 29 people were killed and 103 wounded Thursday when two suicide bombers blew themselves up here, a minister said.
The toll in the blasts that rocked the capital Damascus at 7.55 a.m. is 29, said a minister who added that there are also 103 wounded.
The two suicide bombers riding booby-trapped vehicles detonated themselves near the Palestinian branch of a military intelligence complex in Damascus, sources told Xinhua.
The blasts ripped off the facade of the compound and left twisted debris and burnt civilians’ cars.
Ambulance workers used blankets and stretchers to carry bodies into vehicles.
Woman and children in the streets screamed out of fear, while passing cars raced out fearing the occurrence of a third explosion.
Wailing sirens reverberated across the capital as Syrian security forces beefed up presence.
- 40 die in Damascus suicide bombings (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Damascus bombings toll rises to 55 (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- 27 die in Syria blasts - Mar 17, 2012
- Syria releases 225 detainees - Sep 01, 2012
- 13 killed, 74 injured in series of blasts in Baghdad - May 22, 2011
- Two killed, 11 injured in Iraq blasts - Apr 26, 2012
- 15 killed in Syria car bombing - Sep 02, 2012
- Two 'terrorists', 27 others killed in Syria blasts (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- Three killed in Syrian car blast - Mar 19, 2012
- 25 killed in Iraq truck bombing - Jul 03, 2012
- Indians advised to avoid Syria travel - Jan 07, 2012
- 25 killed, 75 wounded in Iraq suicide car bombing - May 05, 2011
- 14 die in Baghdad bombings - Oct 12, 2011
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
- Syrian defence minister, deputy killed in Damascus bombing (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: ambulance workers, blankets, blasts, cars, civilians, damascus, debris, explosion, facade, fear, military intelligence, occurrence, palestinian branch, presence, security forces, sirens, stretchers, suicide bombers, xinhua