28 killed in Cameroon road accidentAugust 30th, 2011 - 4:46 am ICT by IANS
Yaounde (Cameroon), Aug 30 (IANS) Twenty-eight people were killed and several others were seriously injured when a passenger bus collided head-on with a truck in Cameroon, Xinhua reported Monday.
The bus was carrying 36 people when the accident happened Sunday on the Yaounde-Douala road, the state radio said.
The truck was trying to over-take a stationary vehicle on the roadside when it came face-to-face with the bus, an official said.
Most of the victims were students.
The injured were rushed to Yaounde Central Hospital.
During rainy season, the poor state of roads in this west African country increases the chances of road accidents.
- 30 people killed in head-on collision in South Africa - Dec 11, 2011
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Six killed as bus collides with truck - Jan 19, 2012
- Eight killed in West Bengal road mishap - Sep 05, 2010
- Five killed in China road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- One dead, twenty injured in South Africa bus-taxi crash - Dec 20, 2010
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- 27 killed in Maharashtra accident (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- 22 die in Brazil road accident - Mar 05, 2011
- Chinese province school buses to have GPS - Feb 24, 2012
- 45 killed in Cameroon bus accident - May 31, 2010
- Nine killed in China bus-truck collision - Dec 10, 2011
- Minibus carrying preschoolers collides with truck in NW China, killing 20 - Nov 16, 2011