28 kids fall ill after eating noodles in ChinaMarch 4th, 2011 - 3:28 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 4 (IANS) At least 28 primary school students in an eastern China province fell ill after eating instant noodles that had passed the use-by date, officials said Friday.
The pupils suffered from mild food poisoning and stomach ache after eating the noodles at breakfast Thursday provided by the Hushan Primary School in Xiaoxian county of Anhui province, Xinhua quoted Meng Xiangyong, deputy head of the local education bureau, as saying.
The instant noodles, eaten by over 100 pupils at the school, exceeded their shelf life by over 10 days, he said.
The ill children were sent to hospital where they received treatment and were discharged after their symptoms subsided.
- 42 Chinese kids fall ill after having breakfast in school - May 22, 2010
- 300 Chinese kids ill after having school lunch - Apr 10, 2012
- 90 school kids hospitalised with food poisoning in China - Sep 05, 2012
- Chinese students hospitalised after eating noodles - Dec 24, 2010
- Chinese kids fall ill after drinking soda water - Jun 06, 2012
- Businesswoman re-mortgages home for kids' breakfast club - Jun 12, 2011
- 60 children fall ill after mid-day meal - Sep 14, 2011
- Food leaves 34 Chinese students sick - Sep 21, 2011
- Milk with too much bacteria caused illness in kids: China - Apr 21, 2010
- 200 Chinese students fall ill after drinking milk - Apr 20, 2010
- Over 120 Afghan schoolgirls sick after poison attack - May 24, 2012
- Excessive lead levels found in 200 Chinese kids - Jan 05, 2011
- 37 seminary students hospitalised in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 21, 2011
- Children among 200 ill after school meal - Dec 13, 2010
- 55 Bangladesh kids fall ill after eating biscuits - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: anhui province, china beijing, china province, deputy head, eastern china, education bureau, ill children, instant noodles, local education, mild food poisoning, pupils, school students, shelf life, stomach ache, xinhua