2,756 booked for drunken driving in HaryanaAugust 21st, 2008 - 1:22 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 21 (IANS) The Haryana traffic police have fined 2,756 people for drunken driving in the last three months, a police spokesman said here Thursday.The tickets were issued during a special campaign to curb drunken driving and reduce accidents on highways in the state, the spokesman said.
The traffic police had set up a check post at the toll plaza on National Highway (NH) No. 1 near Karnal town, 120 km from here.
The spokesman said that Rs.1.27 million had been recovered as penalty from 2,204 drivers who were caught driving drunk.
A court in Karnal was handling 552 more cases.
- Drunken driving cases have dropped drastically: Delhi Police - Dec 07, 2011
- Drunken driving: Chandigarh court sets a precedent - Jun 24, 2011
- Haryana police busts gang of highway robbers - May 05, 2012
- National Highway No:1: India's melancholy road - Jul 01, 2011
- Haryana police to make highway crime-free - Aug 21, 2010
- Six people killed in accidents on Holi (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Holi revellers warned against breaking traffic rules - Mar 19, 2011
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- India's first RFID technology toll comes up near Chandigarh - Apr 19, 2012
- Ahead of Holi, Delhi Police cracks down on drunk driving - Mar 06, 2012
- We'll soon free city of dangerous drivers: Delhi Police - Mar 22, 2012
- No mixing drinking and driving, revellers warned - Dec 31, 2011
- Road accidents cost India $20 bn every year - Feb 19, 2012
- Free ride on Gurgaon expressway till Sep 25 - Sep 20, 2012
- Operator charges toll at two Gurgoan plazas - Sep 05, 2012