27 stolen vehicles recovered, four of a gang arrestedMay 27th, 2010 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) Four members of an inter-state gang of vehicle thieves have been arrested and 27 stolen vehicles recovered from them, police said Thursday.
Nazir, 20, Salim, 30, Gurbachan, 45, Ashok Kumar, 44, belonging to the notorious Tayyab gang were arrested Sunday. The gang was involved in several cases of vehicle thefts in Delhi and Haryana, police claimed.
To nab those involved in the increasing number of vehicles thefts, Delhi Police constituted special teams.
On Sunday, police received a specific information that Nazir, an associate of Tayyab, was on his way to dispose of a stolen motorcycle.
Nazir was arrested in Malviya Nagar, south Delhi. The other associates were arrested on the basis of information he gave, police said.
During interrogation, Nazir is said to have confessed that he took help of some minors of a slum area of Narela for stealing vehicles. He gave names of his two associates from Uttar Pradesh.
“This gang is active in almost every part of Delhi. It disposes of stolen vehicles in Meerut and some other parts of Uttar Pradesh,” the officer added.
- Four vehicle thieves arrested - Mar 18, 2011
- Thirst for lavish life turned two teens to crime - Jan 10, 2011
- Vehicle thieves' gang busted, 4 held - Feb 06, 2011
- Three vehicle thieves arrested - Feb 10, 2011
- Two vehicle thieves held in Delhi - Mar 07, 2011
- 10 luxury cars, 27 bikes recovered from vehicle thieves - Jun 16, 2011
- 13 held for vehicle thefts in Delhi - Jan 24, 2011
- Man involved in 250 CNG car kit thefts held - Feb 21, 2011
- Vehicle thieves' gang busted in Punjab, 6 held - Nov 09, 2010
- Man held for vehicle thefts - Feb 23, 2011
- Three arrested for stealing Delhi MP's car - Sep 23, 2010
- Two car thieves held, eight vehicles recovered - Apr 23, 2011
- Nepali kingpin of Delhi auto thefts arrested - Dec 02, 2011
- Three robbers held, goods worth Rs.50 lakh seized - Mar 07, 2011
- Four vehicle thieves held in Haryana - Aug 24, 2010
Tags: ashok kumar, delhi police, haryana police, inter state, interrogation, malviya nagar, meerut, motorcycle, nazir, New Delhi, police said thursday, salim, slum area, south delhi, tayyab, thieves, uttar pradesh, vehicle thefts