27 kids fall ill after chlorine gas leaks in ChinaJune 19th, 2011 - 9:01 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 19 (IANS) Chlorine gas leakage from a chemical plant in China led to the hospitalisation of 27 primary school students, officials said.
The incident took place in southwest Guizhou province Saturday, Xinhua said.
The students from Yuantian Primary School near the Zunbao Titanium Plant were sent to hospital after they complained of nausea, stomachache and chest pain.
The 27 students were under observation at three hospitals.
A probe found out the plant had discharged excessive chlorine gas due to an equipment failure.
A government spokesman said the plant has been shut down and the local environmental authority was monitoring the air quality.
- 103 hospitalised due to chlorine gas leak in Bombay Port Trust - Jul 14, 2010
- Gas leak in Maharashtra, over 10 hospitalised - Jan 18, 2011
- Chlorine gas leak near Mumbai Port Trust, three killed, over 50 hospitalised - Jul 14, 2010
- Chlorine gas leak detected on time, says Chemfab Alkalis - Jan 29, 2011
- Chlorine leak: 17 fall ill in Haryana - Jan 29, 2011
- 300 hospitalised after chlorine gas leak in Pondicherry - Jan 26, 2011
- 300 Chinese kids ill after having school lunch - Apr 10, 2012
- 34 fall ill in China gas leak - Aug 05, 2010
- Three firms guilty of lead poisoning in Chinese kids - Feb 26, 2012
- Food leaves 34 Chinese students sick - Sep 21, 2011
- 26 hospitalised after chlorine leak near London - Aug 18, 2010
- 30 fall ill due to China gas leak - Nov 23, 2010
- 59 ill after gas leak in Mumbai, seven critical (Lead) - Jul 14, 2010
- 22 people fall ill as chlorine gas leaks (Lead) - Jun 21, 2010
- Chemical leak in Tamil Nadu plant, over 350 affected - Mar 08, 2011
Tags: air quality, chest pain, china beijing, chlorine gas leaks, environmental authority, equipment failure, gas leakage, government spokesman, guizhou province, hospitalisation, hospitals, nausea, observation, school students, southwest, stomachache, titanium, xinhua