26/11 plotter Jundal to be taken to Mumbai court Saturday (Second Lead)July 20th, 2012 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 20 (IANS) Giving priority to four cases in Mumbai, a Delhi court Friday directed Maharastra Police to produce 26/11 plotter Abu Jundal Hamza in a Mumbai court Saturday.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Vinod Yadav directed the Maharastra Police to take Jundal to Mumbai and produce him in a court Saturday for granting his custody to two different probe agencies in the city.
“I have considered the submission of all the investigating agencies. This accused is required in Mumbai in four cases,” said the court.
The court transferred the custody of the accused to ATS Mumbai for the purpose of production of Jundal before CMM, Mumbai Saturday.
The court said the Mumbai court would consider the comparative merit and the requirement of the accused in the four cases and would grant custody of the accused.
The Mumbai police want Jundal’s custody for his alleged involvement in the 26/11 attack, the 2010 German Bakery blast, the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case and a plot to attack the Nashik Police Academy.
The court has directed that after completion of the interrogation of the accused in the aforesaid four cases, he be brought back to Delhi so that the issue of handing over of his custody to other agencies may be considered.
The Mumbai police told the court that the accused was required to be confronted with other accused in the Aurangabad case. At present, arguments on framing charges are being heard in this case in a Maharashtra court.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) wants Jundal’s custody as the matter it is probing is prospective — averting another 26/11 strike.
This apart, the Gujarat Police has sought Jundal’s custody in connection with his role in recruiting youth from the state for training in terror camps and a blast at the Kalupur railway station in Ahmedabad in 2006 that left 25 people injured.
- 26/11 plotter Jundal to be taken to Mumbai court Saturday (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Four probe agencies to seek Jundal's custody Friday - Jul 19, 2012
- Abu Jundal sent to police custody till July 31 (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Abu Jundal sent to judicial custody till Sep 24 - Sep 10, 2012
- Abu Jundal's police custody extended till Aug 13 - Jul 31, 2012
- Jundal wants his confession to be recorded - Aug 10, 2012
- Now, Gujarat cops seek Jundal's custody - Jul 06, 2012
- Kasab, Jundal to be jointly questioned by Mumbai Police - Aug 10, 2012
- Jundal sent to police custody in Nashik attack plot - Sep 11, 2012
- Abu Jundal shunted to police custody till July 31 - Jul 21, 2012
- Jundal's questioning extended till Sep 10 - Sep 03, 2012
- Court allows lawyer to defend Jundal - Jul 09, 2012
- Four agencies seek Jindal's custody - Jul 05, 2012
- Jundal to be questioned in arms haul case - Aug 13, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal abandoned family for terrorism - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, bakery, delhi court, framing, gujarat police, hamza, interrogation, investigation agency, magistrate, mumbai court, mumbai police, national investigation, New Delhi, police academy, priority, railway station, submission, terror, yadav