25 Taliban killed in AfghanistanApril 14th, 2012 - 1:06 am ICT by IANS
Kabul, April 13 (IANS) At least 25 Taliban militants have been killed in a mountainous area in Afghanistan’s Nuristan province, an official said Friday.
An operation backed by NATO-led forces was launched in Kamdish district, and 25 militants were killed in two days, provincial spokesman Mohammad Zarin told Xinhua.
Nuristan province is 180 km east of capital city Kabul.
However, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told the media via telephone from an unknown location that fighting was going on but that 30 Afghan and foreign troops had also been killed along with eight Taliban men.
The claim was later termed by Zarin as baseless.
- 18 militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 18, 2011
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- Five policemen killed in Afghan blast - Sep 02, 2012
- Seven militants killed in Afghanstan - Mar 18, 2012
- 16 Taliban surrender in Afghanistan - May 01, 2012
- Seven killed in Afghan suicide blast (Lead) - May 28, 2011
- 65 militants killed in Afghanistan - Apr 21, 2011
- 95 killed in Afghan poll violence (Lead) - Sep 18, 2010
- Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Three killed, 11 missing after Afghan attack - Apr 26, 2012
- NATO confirms killing of Taliban Deputy Governor in Afghanistan - Jan 03, 2011
- Karzai advisor, lawmaker shot dead in Kabul (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2011
- Afghan provincial governor succumbs to suicide blast injuries - May 29, 2011
- 18 insurgents killed in Afghanistan - Nov 21, 2011
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011