25 lawyers to defend former Satyam officials (Lead)January 12th, 2009 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 12 (IANS) A battalion of 25 lawyers will defend disgraced former chairman of Satyam Computer Services B. Ramalinga Raju and two other accused in the Rs.70 billion ($1.43 billion) fraud case.This was announced by their lawyer S. Bharat Kumar Monday soon after a court adjourned the hearing on the bail petition of the disgraced former top brass of the company to Friday.
The court also adjourned the hearing on the petition of the Crime Investigation Department (CID) seeking their custody and another petition by market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) seeking permission to question them for the massive fraud.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D. Ramakrishna adjourned the hearing on all the three petitions to Friday.
Satyam’s founder and former chairman B. Ramalinga Raju, his brother and former managing director B. Rama Raju and former chief financial officer Vadlamani Srinivas were remanded to judicial custody till Jan 23. They have been kept at Chanchalguda Central Jail here.
Bharat Kumar told reporters outside the Nampally Metropolitan Court Complex that the judge adjourned the hearing to allow Ramalinga Raju to file a counter to the SEBI petition.
“The court has granted us time to file to the counter,” he said. Counsel also opposed the CID petition for Raju’s custody, saying he was not well.
The lawyer announced that a team of 25 lawyers would take up the case before the court.
“I will be the face and voice of the team, which comprises eminent and senior lawyers,” he said but declined to give names.
- Hearing on Raju's bail petition adjourned to Friday - Jan 12, 2009
- Raju, others denied bail in Satyam scam - Aug 04, 2011
- Satyam case: no bail for Raju, seven others - Aug 30, 2011
- Satyam scam: Court dismisses discharge plea of nine accused - Oct 25, 2010
- Court adjourns hearing on SEBI plea on Satyam fraud - Jan 29, 2009
- Raju brothers remain in jail, bail plea to be heard Monday (Second Lead) - Jan 16, 2009
- Andhra High Court dismisses Raju's revision petition (Lead) - Jan 19, 2009
- CBI plea against Ramalinga Raju's bail to be heard Monday - Aug 29, 2010
- CID seeks three-day extension of Raju's custody (Lead) - Jan 21, 2009
- Andhra High Court adjourns hearing on Raju's bail plea - Aug 05, 2010
- Rajus sent back to jail, SEBI plea dismissed (Roundup) - Jan 23, 2009
- Former Satyam financial official sent to jail - Jan 11, 2009
- Judicial remand of Rajus extended till July 8 - Jun 24, 2009
- After 10 months Ramalinga Raju appears before court - Aug 24, 2010
- Satyam saga: Court extends judicial custody of Raju, others, to Feb 7 - Jan 31, 2009