25 held in Tamil Nadu for attempt to burn Indian flagApril 25th, 2009 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 25 (IANS) Twenty five people were arrested Saturday in Tamil Nadu when they were attempting to burn the Indian flag while protesting the killing of Tamil civilians in Sri Lanka, police said.
Eighteen were held in Chennai and seven in Thanjavur, a police spokesperson said.
In Chennai, an attempt was made to set fire to the flag in front of Shastri Bhavan, housing central government offices, the spokesperson said.
- 25 held in Tamil Nadu for attempt to burn Indian flag (Lead) - Apr 25, 2009
- Curtail visits by Sri Lankan dignitaries: Jayalalithaa - Mar 07, 2012
- 175 Sri Lankan tourists to return following protests (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Amid Tamil Nadu unrest, Manmohan to meet Rajapaksa - Sep 18, 2012
- Stray protests in Tamil Nadu against Rajapaksa - Oct 14, 2010
- Jayalalithaa seeks PM's help to free fishermen (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Situation calm in Kudankulam, more protestors arrested (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sri Lankan politician arrested for human smuggling - Jul 25, 2012
- Sri Lanka issues travel warning for southern India - Sep 04, 2012
- 23 Indian fishermen to be released by Sri Lanka - Jun 24, 2011
- Disconnect over Sri Lankan airmen being sent back (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sasikala's husband Natarajan arrested - Feb 19, 2012
- Protest against Sri Lankan tourists near Trichy - Sep 04, 2012
- Anti-Rajapaksa protests: Hundreds held in Tamil Nadu (Lead) - Jun 08, 2010
- Self-immolation attempt to protest Rajapaksa's visit - Sep 17, 2012