25 die of electrocution in Madhya Pradesh bus accidentMay 14th, 2010 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, May 14 (IANS) At least 25 people were electrocuted and 15 injured when the bus in which they were travelling collided with a high-voltage electric pole Friday in Mandla district of Madhya Pradesh, police said.
A high-tension overhead wire fell on the bus when it collided with the pole and high voltage current electrocuted the passengers who got stuck in the bus near Goplapura village in Mandla district, about 350 km from here.
All the 55 passengers in the bus were returning from a marriage. The driver lost control on the way back from Pindrai to Mandla town.
“About 25 people have died in the accident that occurred when the fully-packed private bus collided with the electric pole,” Balaghat Inspector General of Police C.V. Muniraju told IANS.
The injured have been admitted to Mandla district hospital.
- High voltage current kills 25 bus passengers (Lead) - May 14, 2010
- 28 electrocuted as high voltage wire falls on bus (Second Lead) - May 14, 2010
- 28 of marriage party electrocuted in Madhya Pradesh (Third Lead) - May 15, 2010
- Three wild tuskers electrocuted near Dudhwa sanctuary - Jul 08, 2011
- 2 dead, 10 injured due to electrocution in Rajasthan - Mar 19, 2012
- Kite-chasing boy electrocuted - Jan 15, 2012
- Boy electrocuted in Rajasthan - Jul 15, 2012
- Kite string causes blackout in Shanghai - Mar 31, 2012
- Rajasthan Police constable electrocuted - Aug 03, 2012
- 13 killed in Mizoram, Tripura accidents - Mar 27, 2011
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- Seven electrocuted to death in Jharkhand - Apr 13, 2012
- Three killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan accident - Apr 16, 2012
- 4 killed, 10 injured in Bikaner road accident - Apr 26, 2012
- Eight women electrocuted in Haryana - Aug 28, 2010