India to Pakistan: Let’s put past behind, build peaceMarch 5th, 2008 - 4:59 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 5 (IANS) As a new dispensation takes shape in Pakistan, Prime Minister Manmohan Signh Wednesday said India seeks good relations with its neighbour and hoped the two sides would work on a framework for enduring peace. “India wants to live in peace with Pakistan. The destinies of our two nations are interlinked,” he said while replying to the debate on the Motion of Thanks to President’s Address in the Lok Sabha.
“We need to put the past behind us,” Manmohan Singh said.
“We need to think about our collective destiny, our collective security, our collective prosperity,” he said while stressing that India believes in “good relations” with Pakistan.
Earlier this week, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee told parliament that India was ready to resume the composite dialogue with Pakistan that has stalled due to political uncertainty in days preceding Feb 18 polls in that country.
“The government stands ready to resume the composite dialogue process as soon as a duly constituted government is in place in Pakistan,” he said Monday, adding that New Delhi hoped “to resolve outstanding issues and build a mutually beneficial relationship with Pakistan in an atmosphere free of violence and terrorism”.
- Indo-Pak composite dialogue to resume from March 21 in New Delhi - Mar 02, 2011
- Manmohan seeks good ties with Pakistan, lauds Vajpayee - Mar 05, 2008
- India ready to meet Pakistan's leaders 'half-way': PM - Mar 05, 2008
- 'We want peace with India,' says Pak FM Quraishi - Feb 07, 2011
- 'Open minded' Pak hopes for 'constructive Indian attitude' at Thimphu meet - Feb 05, 2011
- Two years after 26/11, India, Pakistan to resume dialogue on all issues (Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- Manmohan a man of peace: Gilani (With Images) - Feb 22, 2012
- India-Pakistan ties: A year of building trust (Yearender) - Dec 19, 2011
- No alternative to dialogue with Pakistan: Mammohan Singh - Feb 27, 2010
- India, Pakistan unveil 'new chapter', agree on 26/11 justice - Nov 10, 2011
- Another Mumbai-like attack will be big setback: PM to Pakistan - Nov 12, 2011
- Overcome burden of history, PM tells neighbouring nations (Lead) - Oct 30, 2009
- Resumption of talks with Pakistan a conscious decision: India - Feb 11, 2011
- India-Pakistan talks signal hope, says daily - Jul 27, 2011
- Manmohan Singh a genuine person: Gilani - Jan 29, 2012