24-year-old Malayali killed in Mumbai terror strikeNovember 28th, 2008 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Nov 28 (IANS) Anish Prabhu, a 24-year-old Malayali youth had stars in his eyes as he was all set to leave for Qatar. He, however, had to first go for a medical examination to Mumbai, where he was caught by the bullets of terrorists at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Wednesday night. Local legislator V. Sivankutty told reporters here that Prabhu’s family were informed of his death by A.J. Hospital in Mumbai Friday afternoon.
“Prabhu’s father Murugan had accompanied him to Mumbai so that he could appear for a medical examination to get his visa for Qatar. Another sad news is that there is no information about Murugan now,” Sivankutty said.
Kerala Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan Friday got in touch with his Maharashtra counterpart Vilasrao Deshmukh to see that all arrangements are made to see that the victim’s body can be transported to his home here in the capital city of Kerala.
Anish is the third Malayali who has lost his life in the Mumbai terror attack.
Earlier in the day Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan with the National Security Guard (NSG) succumbed to bullet injuries which he sustained Thursday night in an encounter with the terrorists at the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower Hotel.
Also, 48-year-old Varghese Thomas, an official at the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower Hotel was killed Thursday.
- Kerala to give Rs.1.5 mn to slain Major's family - Dec 03, 2008
- 26/11, a grim reminder of our perilous neighbourhood: Antony - Nov 26, 2010
- We'll always remember 26/11: Obama writes in Taj guest book (Lead) - Nov 06, 2010
- Chidambaram pays tribute to 26/11 martyrs - Nov 26, 2010
- Kasab death sentence: Mumbai court to decide Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Obamas sign guest book at Taj hotel - Nov 06, 2010
- Obama praises Taj manager Kang, Moshe's nanny - Nov 06, 2010
- Kasab weak, weary ahead of 26/11 verdict - Feb 20, 2011
- High court to decide on Kasab death sentence Feb 21 (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- India, US to deepen counter-terror cooperation: Obama - Nov 06, 2010
- Ten terrorists who held Mumbai to ransom - Aug 29, 2012
- Indian cop accidentally shoots self outside Obama's hotel - Nov 07, 2010
- Kasab: He first took to crime, then to jehad - Aug 29, 2012
- Chidambaram to pay homage to Mumbai terror attack victims - Nov 25, 2010
- 26/11: India still awaits Pakistan's decisive action (Roundup) - Nov 26, 2011