24-year-old Malayali killed in Mumbai terror strike

November 28th, 2008 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS  

Thiruvananthapuram, Nov 28 (IANS) Anish Prabhu, a 24-year-old Malayali youth had stars in his eyes as he was all set to leave for Qatar. He, however, had to first go for a medical examination to Mumbai, where he was caught by the bullets of terrorists at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Wednesday night. Local legislator V. Sivankutty told reporters here that Prabhu’s family were informed of his death by A.J. Hospital in Mumbai Friday afternoon.

“Prabhu’s father Murugan had accompanied him to Mumbai so that he could appear for a medical examination to get his visa for Qatar. Another sad news is that there is no information about Murugan now,” Sivankutty said.

Kerala Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan Friday got in touch with his Maharashtra counterpart Vilasrao Deshmukh to see that all arrangements are made to see that the victim’s body can be transported to his home here in the capital city of Kerala.

Anish is the third Malayali who has lost his life in the Mumbai terror attack.

Earlier in the day Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan with the National Security Guard (NSG) succumbed to bullet injuries which he sustained Thursday night in an encounter with the terrorists at the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower Hotel.

Also, 48-year-old Varghese Thomas, an official at the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower Hotel was killed Thursday.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |