24 killed in Rajasthan accidentApril 24th, 2008 - 12:13 pm ICT by admin
Jaipur, April 24 (IANS) Twenty-four people, including nine women and five children, were killed when the vehicle they were travelling in collided head on with a truck in Rajasthan’s Jodhpur district, police said Thursday. A one-year-old was among the three injured in the accident that occurred Wednesday 11.30 p.m. when a pick up van carrying the victims collided with a turbo truck, said the police.
The collision was so deadly that the victims rolled out of the van on to the road near Decchu village, 130 km away from Jodhpur, Inspector General of Police Rajiv Dasot told IANS on telephone.
The victims were on their way to Decchu from Setrawa village after attending a marriage.
He said 17 people died at the spot and seven succumbed to their injuries while being taken to a hospital. “We have handed over the bodies to their relatives,” he said.
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- 43 killed in three mishaps - Apr 25, 2008
- Three monks killed in Jaipur car accident - Jun 28, 2012
- Four killed in Rajasthan accident - Aug 18, 2012
- Eight killed in Haryana accident - Aug 26, 2012
- 25 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident - Jul 30, 2012
- 18 devotees killed in Punjab accident (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Four killed in Rajasthan bus accident - Apr 28, 2012
- Seven killed in Rajasthan road accident - May 06, 2012
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- 11 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 19, 2010
- Five killed in China road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- Seven run over by truck in Jodhpur - May 29, 2012
- 29 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011