24 countries to attend disaster workshop in DelhiOctober 27th, 2008 - 8:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 27 (IANS) Delegates from 24 countries, officials from the World Bank and the United Nations would be attending a three-day workshop on disaster reduction and recovery in the Indian capital beginning Wednesday, officials said Monday.“The workshop under the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) south cooperation programme will be held here from Wednesday to Friday,” spokesperson for the ministry said here in a press conference.
The workshop is being organised by the home ministry and the World Bank, and would be attended by participants from 24 countries.
The home ministry said the workshop aimed at sharing of experience and knowledge, and establishing collaboration among governments, institutions, networks and communities.
- Workshop on disaster reduction to be held from Wednesday - Oct 28, 2008
- Workshop on disaster reduction to begin today - Oct 29, 2008
- India Disaster Management Congress begins in Delhi from Wednesday - Nov 03, 2009
- India, Canada explore scope for joint defence research - Oct 17, 2011
- Foreign training for Kerala archives - Mar 18, 2011
- FICCI-FRAMES 2012 set to kick-off Wednesday (Curtain-raiser) - Mar 13, 2012
- Post-Sikkim quake: ham radio, bamboo applications recommended for northeast - Nov 15, 2011
- 30 MNCs, 16 countries - Gujarat gears up for investor summit - Jan 11, 2011
- Saudi youth get a feel of India's software power - Mar 28, 2012
- India to take over presidency of G-24 - Sep 19, 2011
- NDMA chief to attend global disaster meet - Jul 02, 2012
- New units to tackle human trafficking - May 12, 2011
- Azad to inaugurate international conference on 'Community Mental Health' - Feb 15, 2011
- Jamia to hold workshop on handling disaster-affected people - Jun 24, 2010
- Second disaster management conference begins Wednesday - Nov 03, 2009