23 die in Meghalaya accident (Lead)August 8th, 2012 - 2:38 pm ICT by IANS
Shillong, Aug 8 (IANS) Twenty-three people were killed when a bus proceeding from Assam to Tripura rolled down a hill in Meghalaya, police said Wednesday.
Ten others were injured in the accident in East Jaintia Hills, about 150 km from here.
The private bus was going from Guwahati in Assam to the Tripura capital Agartala. Police were trying to rescue people still trapped in the bus, Meghalaya police chief N. Ramachandran told IANS.
The cause of the accident is yet to be ascertained.
- Meghalaya bus crash kills 31 (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Meghalaya CM condoles bus crash victims - Aug 09, 2012
- 18 killed in Shillong accident - Aug 08, 2012
- Seven killed in Meghalaya accident (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Landslide cuts off Mizoram, Manipur and Tripura - Jul 15, 2012
- Four from Tripura killed in Meghalaya accident - Nov 11, 2011
- Meghalaya deputy speaker's vehicle set afire - Apr 24, 2012
- 15 killed, 34 injured in Meghalaya bus accident (Lead) - Dec 18, 2009
- BSF stage march in Shillong - Apr 25, 2012
- Northeast road-rail links snapped, situation worsens - Jul 16, 2012
- One killed, nine injured in bomb blast in Meghalaya - Jul 12, 2012
- 15 miners trapped in coal pit in Meghalaya - Jul 11, 2012
- Six killed in Meghalaya bus accident - Jul 31, 2011
- Security stepped up in Shillong after arson attacks - Apr 24, 2012
- Police instructor suspended for forcing constables to drink urine (Second lead) - Aug 11, 2012