22 ministers in new Madhya Pradesh government take oathDecember 20th, 2008 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Dec 20 (IANS) Twenty-two ministers, including two women, of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government led by Shivraj Singh Chouhan were administered oath of office in the Madhya Pradesh capital by Governor Balram Jakhar here Saturday. Chouhan has four new faces in the new cabinet that has 14 ministers of cabinet rank and eight junior ministers.
The cabinet ministers include Babulal Gaur, Kailash Vijaywargiya, Ragavji, Nagendra Singh, Anup Misra, Gopal Bhargava, Jayant Malaviya, Gauri Shankar Bisen, Laxmikant Sharma, Ramkrishna Kusumaria, Tukoji Rao Puar, Jagdish Deora, Jagannath Singh and Archana Chitnis.
The ministers of state are Narain Kushwaha, Rajendra Shukla, Devi Singh Sayyam, Paras Jain, Karan Singh Verma, K.L. Agarwal, Harishankar Khatik and Ranjana Baghel.
The BJP bagged 143 of the 230 seats in Madhya Pradesh assembly polls conducted Nov 27. The election results were announced Dec 8.
“The cabinet is balanced. It has been formed keeping in mind the regional balance and caste equations. Efforts have been made to give representation to all the regions and castes in the state,” Chouhan told reporters.
Kailash Vijayvargiya is the fifth time winner from one of the constituencies of the state commercial capital Indore.
Babulal Gaur has won for the ninth time in a row from Govindpura constituency in Bhopal.
- Chouhan allocates departments to new ministers - Dec 21, 2008
- Anger over child tying shoe laces of Madhya Pradesh minister - Jan 21, 2012
- Child asked to tie minister's shoe laces (Lead) - Jan 21, 2012
- BJP government in Madhya Pradesh to take office Friday - Dec 10, 2008
- Lakhs of students participate in Surya Namaskar in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 12, 2012
- Controversial Madhya Pradesh minister puts foot in mouth - Mar 21, 2012
- Only Gujarat is corruption-free: Madhya Pradesh minister - Aug 20, 2011
- Congress protests Madhya Pradesh's fertiliser, power shortage (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Child tying minister's shoe laces raises a stink (Second Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Chouhan completes five years in office, Modi missing at event - Nov 29, 2010
- Arjun Singh had admirers galore in BJP - Mar 05, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh scales up security ahead of I-Day - Aug 14, 2010
- BJP will be no.3 in UP, says ex-CM - Feb 16, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh leaders seek divine help for victory - Dec 07, 2008
- Shivraj Chouhan flip-flop on railway budget - Mar 14, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,