22-kg tumour removed from woman’s bodyFebruary 27th, 2012 - 6:10 pm ICT by IANS
Rohtak (Haryana), Feb 27 (IANS) A 45-year-old mother of four got a new lease of life after doctors at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS) here removed a tumour weighing 22 kg from her ovary, an official said here Monday.
PGIMS director Chand Singh Dhull said that the patient, Suresh, who had come to the institute a few months ago with abdominal pain, underwent surgery by a team of doctors led by gynaecologist Savita Rani Singhal.
“The surgery conducted on her abdomen by a team led by Dr Savita led to the removal of the 22-kg tumour, which surprised everybody. She had been suffering from pain in her abdomen for the last six years and the size of abdomen had increased considerably during last three months,” Dhull said.
The tests conducted on the patient, who had a severely swollen abdomen, revealed presence of a tumour in her ovaries.
Dhull said that although many such operations have so far been conducted at the institute, this was for the first time that such a heavy tumour has been taken out of the ovary of a patient.
- In rare case, woman delivers after ovarian tumour surgery - Feb 22, 2011
- Man pierced by iron rods, saved by doctors - Mar 12, 2012
- Woman with rare hormonal disorder operated upon (with images) - Dec 27, 2011
- Doctor suspended for sexually harassing intern - Feb 06, 2011
- Delhi doctors remove 7 kg ovarian tumour - Feb 11, 2011
- Rare surgery performed on pregnant woman in Mumbai (With Images) - Sep 15, 2010
- Doctors in Kerala remove 4.9 kg uterus from woman - Oct 07, 2009
- Unfolding at Haryana hospital - saga of abandoned daughters - May 01, 2012
- Cricket ball-size stone removed from man's bladder (With Images) - Feb 22, 2012
- Doctors remove giant malignant tumour weighing 22 kg - Aug 26, 2010
- 40-kg tumour removed from Tripura woman's body - Feb 03, 2010
- Machine brings new hope for cancer patients (With Images) - Jun 19, 2011
- Pak docs create history by removing 46-kg tumour - Aug 12, 2009
- Gynaecologists use thin film for cesareans in Delhi - Nov 21, 2010
- Amitabh likely to undergo another surgery? - Feb 17, 2012