22 injured in Delhi fireJune 23rd, 2011 - 1:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 23 (IANS) Twentytwo people, among them six children, were injured when a high tension electrical wire melted and fell on houses in east Delhi, fire officials said Thursday.
“A 1,000-metre long, high tension electrical wire melted and fell in a residential area in Khureji in east Delhi last (Wednesday) night,” a fire department official told IANS.
“As it fell, people sitting outside their houses got injured, clothes hanging outside caught fire, and parts of their houses got burnt,” he added.
“We got a call at 7.55 p.m. We sent one fire tender. By then the Police Control Room was also informed and ambulances arrived at the scene to take the injured to the hospital,” the official added.
“Of the 22 people injured, six were children,” he said. All have been admitted to the Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital.
It was not yet clear how the wire melted.
- 22 injured as power line breaks, falls on houses (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Day after fire, anxious, angry wait at hospital - Nov 21, 2011
- Man electrocuted in east Delhi - Mar 01, 2011
- 15 dead, 34 injured in Delhi fire - Nov 21, 2011
- Shops shut in violence-hit east Delhi area; situation under control (Second Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- East Delhi situation under control, 22 detained (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Rs.2 lakh relief for kin of those killed in Delhi blaze (Lead) - Nov 21, 2011
- Two killed, 550 shanties gutted in Delhi fires (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2010
- Toddler killed in north Delhi wall collapse - Jan 11, 2011
- Two children killed in wall collapse (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Three children injured in Delhi house fire - Jan 07, 2012
- VHP worker shot at in Delhi - Aug 23, 2011
- 'A burning plane, a thunderous sound' - all hell broke loose - May 26, 2011
- Man dies of electrocution - Jul 05, 2011
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: ambulances, clothes, delhi fire, east delhi, electrical wire, fire department official, fire officials, fire tender, guru tegh, high tension, june 23, New Delhi, residential area, wednesday night