212 Madhya Pradesh villages chosen for Nirmal Gram PuraskarMarch 23rd, 2012 - 11:10 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, March 23 (IANS) A total of 212 gram panchayats in Madhya Pradesh have been selected for the Nirmal Gram Puraskar under the Total Sanitation Campaign, officials said Friday.
A release issued by the state government mentioned that as a token, President Pratibha Patel gave away Nirmal Gram Puraskar to Ramkali Saket, sarpanch of Gram Panchayat Paharkha in Naigarhi development block of Rewa district, in New Delhi on Thursday.
Union Panchayat and Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh was also present on the occasion.
This award is given by the Union Government to Zilla, Janpad and Gram Panchayats for getting rid of open-area defecation.
One Gram Panchayat in Madhya Pradesh had won the Nirmal Gram Puraskar in the year 2005-06, 190 Gram Panchayats in 2006-07, 682 in 2007-08, 639 in 2008-09, 344 in 2009-10 and 184 Gram Panchayats won the Puraskar in the year 2010-11.
- President Patil to felicitate Nirmal Gram Puraskar awardees - Mar 22, 2011
- Only 10 percent Indian villages fully sanitized: Jairam - Mar 19, 2012
- Women can be prime movers of sanitation, says Patil - Mar 21, 2012
- Nirmal Gram: Bringing a cleanliness revolution to India's villages - Jun 06, 2011
- Jairam wants India to be 'open defecation-free' in a decade - Jun 25, 2012
- President Patil emphasizes need for proper sanitation in rural areas - Mar 23, 2011
- Open defecation will end in 10 years, says Ramesh - Jun 30, 2012
- President stresses rural sanitation drive - Mar 23, 2011
- NGOs to help in evaluation of Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan: Ramesh - Sep 18, 2012
- Himachal to be free of open defecation by next month - Jul 24, 2011
- Rural job scheme bungling: Over 2,000 officials booked - May 23, 2011
- India is world's capital for open defecation, says Ramesh - Jul 27, 2012
- Runaway bride awarded for revolting against lack of loo - Feb 10, 2012
- Himachal chief minister honours 253 gram panchayats - Feb 05, 2010
- President Pratibha Patil to give away Nirmal Gram Puraskar today - Oct 17, 2008
Tags: bhopal, campaign officials, development minister, gram panchayat, gram panchayats, jairam ramesh, madhya pradesh, New Delhi, nirmal gram puraskar, rural development, sanitation, state government, union government