21 killed in Pakistan blast (Lead)June 8th, 2012 - 6:48 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 8 (IANS) At least 21 people died Friday in Pakistan when a powerful bomb ripped through a bus carrying government employees.
The explosion took place in Peshawar city, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
The bomb, triggered by a timing device, was planted near the rear door of the bus. About eight kg of explosives were used, police said.
Over 40 others were injured, Xinhua quoted local Urdu channel Geo TV as saying.
The victims, who were government employees, were on their way home.
The injured were shifted to Lady Reading Hospital in Peshawar and district hospital in Charsadda. Most of the injured were in critical condition.
Medical superintendent of Lady Reading Hospital told reporters the toll may increase.
Several nearby houses and vehicles were destroyed.
- Six hurt in Pakistan bombing - Aug 15, 2011
- 34 killed, 80 hurt in Peshawar twin blasts (Second Lead) - Jun 12, 2011
- Four killed in Peshawar suicide blast - Jun 20, 2011
- Two dead, 14 hurt in Peshawar blast - Jul 01, 2011
- Six kids hurt in Pakistan blast - Jul 25, 2012
- Pakistan may launch anti-terror operation - Jun 08, 2012
- 15 dead, over 30 hurt in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Five killed as blast hits van in Pakistan - Mar 13, 2012
- Senior cop dies in Peshawar suicide blast (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Karachi blast kills one, injures 20 (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Twin blasts rock Peshawar, 10 dead (Lead) - Jun 12, 2011
- Two dead as bomb on donkey cart explodes in Peshawar (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Five blasts rock Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Four die in Peshawar suicide bombing (Fourth Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Two dead, 13 hurt in Peshawar car blast (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011