2008 Malegaon blast accused gets bailJune 5th, 2012 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 5 (IANS) A special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court here Tuesday granted bail to Lokesh Sharma in the 2008 Malegaon bomb blast in Maharashtra that killed six people, a lawyer said.
“The NIA failed to file a charge sheet within the stipulated 90-day period. Hence, Special Judge Y.D. Shinde directed the accused to execute a bond of Rs.25,000, while granting him bail,” Sharma’s lawyer Aarti Bhide told IANS.
Sharma was first named by the NIA in the 2007 Samjhauta Express train bombing that killed 68 people, mainly Pakistanis. The probe agency said that he planted the bomb.
Six people were killed and 101 injured in the Sep 29, 2008 Malegaon bomb blast. Twelve members of the rightwing outfits, Jai Vande Mataram and Abhinav Bharat, were arrested.
Sharma is the first accused to get bail in the case.
- Samjhauta blast accused arrested in Malegaon case - Feb 27, 2012
- Court gives bail to nine in 2006 Malegaon blasts case - Nov 05, 2011
- NIA not allowed to question Ajmer dargah blast suspect - Sep 23, 2011
- NIA not to oppose bail of Malegaon blast accused: Chidambaram - Oct 31, 2011
- Samjhauta blast: Aseemanand in court, two declared offenders - Jul 01, 2011
- Samjhauta blasts: NIA charges Aseemanand, four others - Jun 20, 2011
- Seven Malegaon blasts accused post bonds, out on bail - Nov 16, 2011
- Mecca Masjid blast accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 18, 2012
- Aseemanand insists he is innocent in Samjhauta blasts - Jul 18, 2011
- Court allows NIA to compare Samjhauta, Malegaon blasts evidence - Sep 28, 2011
- Sadhvi Pragnya files fresh bail plea - Nov 18, 2011
- Judicial custody of Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand extended till May 2 - Apr 30, 2011
- CBI receives Malegaon re-investigation nod - Jan 14, 2011
- Kanpur blasts case may be transferred to NIA - Apr 01, 2011
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
Tags: aarti, abhinav, bharat, express train, investigation agency, jai, lawyer, maharashtra, malegaon blast, malegaon bomb blast, national investigation, pakistanis, samjhauta express, shinde, special judge, train bombing, vande mataram