2005 Delhi blasts: Interim bail plea of accused rejectedSeptember 15th, 2010 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 15 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday rejected the interim bail plea of Tariq Ahmed Dar who is the prime accused in the 2005 Delhi serial blasts.
Justice Ajit Bharihoke rejected the plea for interim bail on the grounds that the offence committed by Dar was grave.
Dar, the alleged mastermind behind the bomb explosions at three different places in the capital was arrested Nov 10, 2005.
Apart from Dar, four other accused — Rafiq Shah, Mohd Hussain Fazli, Farooq Ahmed Batloo and Ghulam Ahmed Khan — were booked in the blasts case.
The serial blasts at three different places — Sarojini Nagar, Paharganj and Kalkaji — Oct 29, 2005 killed over 60 people and injured over 225.
According to the prosecution, Dar had links with terrorists and was also involved in hawala operations. He is said to have financed the blasts.
- Delhi blasts accused's plea for speedy trial rejected - Mar 02, 2011
- Eyewitness identifies man who planted bomb in Delhi bus - Aug 23, 2008
- Terror bid unveiled, but Delhiites' festive spirits still high - Oct 14, 2011
- Bail plea of Delhi bombing accused rejected - May 20, 2008
- 2G scam: Three accused withdraw bail pleas - Jun 20, 2011
- Plot to abduct Sachin: Eight-year jail terms for six (Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- Court records statements of 2005 Delhi blasts witnesses - Jul 26, 2008
- Court records statements of 2005 Delhi blasts survivors - Jul 19, 2008
- 2G case: Morani's plea for interim bail rejected - Jul 19, 2011
- Justice Ajit Bharihoke retires - Oct 15, 2011
- Six terrorists get life term for plot to kidnap Sachin, Sourav (Second Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Plot to kidnap Sachin: Six terrorists get life term (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Charges framed against Delhi blast accused - May 17, 2008
- SC split verdict on Madani's bail plea in Bangalore blast case - May 04, 2011
- Delhi Police files charge sheet against 11 IM suspects - May 23, 2012
Tags: ahmed khan, ajit, bail plea, batloo, bomb explosions, delhi blasts, delhi high court, different places, farooq, fazli, ghulam, hussain, kalkaji, mastermind, New Delhi, offence, paharganj, prosecution, serial blasts, terrorists