20-year-old woman student commits suicideMarch 29th, 2009 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) A 20-year-old student depressed with her performance in exams allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling in her Delhi home, the police said Sunday.
Hemlata’s body was found hanging in the morning by her family members in Anand Vihar area of east Delhi.
She was reportedly depressed with her performance in the just concluded Class 12 board examinations, according to the police.
Her father Kishan Lal runs a toy shop. The family lives in New Sanjay Amar JJ Colony in the east Delhi area.
“No suicide note was found from the spot,” the police officer added.
The police suspect depression led the young woman to commit suicide, as she had earlier also failed in the board examinations.
- Two men commit suicide in Delhi - Mar 24, 2011
- Class 10 student commits suicide - Aug 11, 2010
- Student kills himself after mother's scolding - Mar 10, 2012
- Woman commits suicide in Delhi - May 03, 2011
- Servant commits suicide in employer's house - Mar 04, 2011
- Delhi woman commits suicide - May 13, 2012
- Delhi university student commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Railway employee commits suicide - Mar 11, 2012
- Tech student hangs himself in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 23, 2011
- Student commits suicide - Feb 05, 2012
- Class 8 student commits suicide - Jun 23, 2011
- Youth commits suicide over family dispute - Jan 21, 2011
- Jobless youth kills self - May 16, 2012
- Delhi boy commits suicide - May 28, 2012
- Family dispute leads Delhi resident to suicide - Aug 10, 2012