20 Pakistani fishermen arrested by Coast GuardNovember 9th, 2009 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, Nov 9 (IANS) Three Pakistani fishing boats with 20 fishermen were seized by the Coast Guard off the Kutch-Saurashtra coast, officials said Monday.
The three Pakistani boats were intercepted by a Coast Guard patrol vessel and seized after they were found to be fishing in Indian waters off Jhakhau on the Kutch coast, officials in Porbandar, 440 km from the state capital.
Brought to shore along with their craft, the fishermen have been placed under arrest.
Pakistan’s Marine Security Agency Friday seized three Indian fishing boats along with 13 fishermen from near the international marine border off Jhakhau and took them to Pakistan. The three boats were identified as “Lakshmi Sarovar”, “Vishwajit” and “Krushnaraj”.
Last month, two Indian boats and 11 fishermen were similarly picked up by the Pakistani security agency and taken to Karachi.
According to Porbandar port association president Hiralal Sayal, there are almost 600 Indian fishermen languishing in Pakistani jails and 425 Indian boats have been seized.
- Ten Indian fishermen held by Pakistanis - Jan 08, 2011
- Four Indian boats, 13 fishermen taken away to Pakistan - Jan 18, 2011
- Pakistan marine security men kidnap Indian fishermen - Oct 29, 2010
- Five Pakistani fishermen nabbed in Kutch - Apr 10, 2010
- Three Pakistani fishing boats seized off Gujarat coast - Dec 02, 2010
- Ten Sri Lankan fishermen arrested off Andhra coast - May 30, 2011
- Seven Pakistani nationals arrested off Jhakhau coast - Mar 13, 2011
- Indian fisherman, boat picked up by Pakistan - Dec 30, 2009
- 100 Indian fishermen in Pakistani jails to be freed soon - Dec 23, 2009
- 14 Pakistanis held from Indian waters - Apr 05, 2011
- Five Pakistani fishermen arrested off Jamnagar - Jan 06, 2011
- 13 Indian fishermen held in Pakistan - Mar 23, 2011
- Pakistan arrests 23 Indian fishermen - Apr 04, 2012
- Kerala fishermen complain they were shot at - Mar 07, 2012
- Suspected Somali pirates nabbed in Gujarat quizzed - Jun 20, 2011
Tags: association president, coast guard, fishing boats, gandhinagar, indian boats, indian fishermen, indian waters, jails, kutch, marine border, marine security, pakistan, patrol vessel, porbandar, sayal, security agency, three boats