20 men arrested in Uttar PradeshJanuary 13th, 2009 - 4:00 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 13 (IANS) Twenty members of an inter-state gang, involved in manufacturing and supplying spurious country-made liquor, have been arrested in Uttar Pradesh, police said Tuesday. The men were arrested from the Narayanpur village of Ballia district, about 300 km from here, Monday late night.
They admitted to have supplied liquor in various districts of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, police inspector Suresh Bharti told IANS by telephone.
According to the police, the gang members were involved in the activity for the last five years.
Last week, three people died after consuming poisonous country-made liquor in Barabanki district of Uttar Pradesh.
- Arms smuggler held with 18 pistols - Sep 12, 2011
- Arms smuggler held in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 08, 2011
- Arms smuggler held in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 10, 2011
- Four held with cache of firearms - Feb 03, 2011
- Four arrested with Rs.5 crore antique Buddha idol - Mar 23, 2011
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- 40 illegal firearms seized, three held - Nov 10, 2011
- Man held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Seven arrested with drugs worth Rs.1 crore - Aug 20, 2010
- Two held with 22 kg of heroin in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 17, 2010
- Two suspected Maoists arrested in Uttar Pradesh - May 11, 2010
- Drug peddler held with Rs.1 crore brown sugar - Feb 03, 2011
- 13 held for selling illicit liquor in Bihar - Feb 20, 2011
- Hooch kills 17 in Andhra (Second Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Major hooch tragedies in India - Dec 15, 2011