20 killed in Pakistan bus accidentMarch 27th, 2012 - 7:09 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 27 (IANS) At least 20 people died in eastern Pakistan Monday when their bus rolled over several times after the driver lost control of the vehicle in a high speed.
The accident occurred around 5.30 p.m. in Shekhupura district of Punjab province. Dozens of people were injured. The bus was heading for Lahore, the provincial capital.
The toll could increase as some of the injured were in critical condition, Xinhua quoted the local Urdu channel Dunya TV as saying.
Fifty-five passengers were on board. Witnesses said the vehicle rolled several times before coming to a standstill. They said the accident happened due to over speeding.
- Passenger bus overturns in southeast Kenya, killing 12 - Apr 02, 2012
- At least 21 killed in Zimbabwe bus accident - Apr 17, 2012
- Pakistan: Seven passengers die after bus driver falls asleep - Apr 12, 2012
- Seven killed, 80 injured in Pakistan road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- 38 die in Pakistan school bus accident - Sep 27, 2011
- Bus accident in northern Pakistan kills 6, injures 23 - Jan 17, 2012
- China bus accident toll reaches 18 (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- 29 injured as train derails in Pakistan (Lead) - Sep 10, 2011
- Thirteen die after bus overturns in eastern Zimbabwe - Aug 03, 2011
- Eight dead as vehicle slams into bus in UP - Apr 21, 2012
- Unidentified gunmen attack Iranian bus in eastern Turkey, injuring 8 - Nov 16, 2011
- 25 killed in Pakistan bus attack (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- 42 killed, 24 injured in central Morocco bus accident - Sep 05, 2012
- Floods kill over 100 in Pakistan - Jul 29, 2010