20 killed in bus-truck collision in JharkhandJuly 9th, 2008 - 11:47 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, July 9 (IANS) At least 20 people were killed and 30 injured when an over-crowded bus collided with a truck on the outskirts of Ranchi Wednesday evening, the police said. According to the Ranchi police, the city bus coming from Ramgarh district to Ranchi collided with the truck and fell into the Chutupalu Valley, around 40 km from here.
The injured were brought to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS).
The police said the bus was carrying 50 people, against a capacity of 30, when the accident took place.
- Three dead, nine injured in Jharkhand road accidents - Jan 30, 2011
- 20 killed, many critically injured in Jharkhand road mishap - Sep 19, 2011
- Six die in Jharkhand accident - Dec 25, 2010
- Four killed in Jharkhand road accident - Sep 19, 2010
- Four killed, 29 injured in Jharkhand accidents - Dec 07, 2010
- Eight killed in Jharkhand road accident - Dec 16, 2010
- Poisonous gas in well kills three - May 18, 2011
- Driver killed in police firing in Jharkhand - Jan 17, 2012
- Five killed in Himachal accident - Aug 20, 2010
- Five killed in Jharkhand road accident - Mar 19, 2009
- Six killed in Jharkhand accident - Oct 29, 2011
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Fourth Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Seven killed in Chhattisgarh road accident - Apr 30, 2010
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Four buried alive as well-wall caves in - Aug 28, 2010