20 killed as bus plunges into river in UgandaAugust 27th, 2008 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
Kampala, Aug 27 (DPA) At least 20 people were killed and 13 injured when a bus plunged into the swollen waters of a river in northern Uganda, the police said Wednesday.The bus, which was carrying 35 passengers, swerved off a bridge over the Aswa River, north of the region’s main town of Gulu, Tuesday night.
“The bus was loaded with people when it fell into the river,” police spokesman Samson Lubega told DPA.
“Thirteen people escaped with injuries. Others died and some of the bodies are in the wreckage, which is still under water,” Lubega added.
The cause of the accident was still unknown.
- 70 feared dead in boat accident in Uganda - Aug 02, 2010
- Four people killed in gas tanker blast - Sep 06, 2011
- Chinese cargo ships attacked on Mekong river - Jan 06, 2012
- Three killed, dozens injured after Kenya bus explosion - Dec 22, 2010
- Bus accident kills 14, injures 45 in southwestern Uganda - Sep 19, 2012
- 21 killed in Afghan road accident - May 14, 2011
- 28 killed in China road accident - Aug 26, 2012
- 16 teens die in Bolivia bus accident - Jun 08, 2012
- 26 missing in Jammu and Kashmir bus accident (Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- Ten killed, 20 injured in Albania bus crash - Jul 18, 2010
- Dozens feared dead in Nepal bus mishap - Sep 06, 2010
- 12 killed as bus falls into swollen Himachal rivulet - Aug 10, 2011
- 39 people have died in Himachal rains - Sep 10, 2011
- Four IT employees killed in Bengal accident - Mar 26, 2011
- 3 die, scores missing after Nepal boat capsize - Aug 25, 2012