20 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Lead)May 6th, 2012 - 8:38 am ICT by IANS
Rohtak (Haryana), May 6 (IANS) At least 20 people were injured when eight coaches of the Punjab Mail derailed in Sampla area of Haryana’s Rohtak district early Sunday.
The derailment occurred around 4 am., railway officials said. None of the passengers had serious injuries.
The injured were admitted to the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS) at Rohtak, 70 km from New Delhi.
The train was going from Ferozepur in Punjab to Mumbai. Traffic on the Rohtak-Delhi section was affected.
Railway officials said five of the derailed coaches had overturned after derailment. The derailed coaches included six bogies of the second-class sleeper (S-5 to S-10), one luggage compartment and the guard coach.
“Most of the passengers in the derailed coaches were sleeping when the accident took place,” said police officials at the spot.
They said that at least 50 metres of the railway track were found broken at the accident site.
“We are trying to ascertain whether the railway track broke due to the accident or whether the broken track led to the accident,” one railway official at the accident site said.
Railway officials have ordered a probe into the accident. Efforts were being made to clear the track and restore traffic later during the day.
- 26 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Second Lead) - May 06, 2012
- 20 injured as Punjab Mail derails - May 06, 2012
- 10 injured as Vidarbha Express rams into derailed local train - Jul 20, 2012
- Rail traffic affected at Ambala after derailment - Jan 05, 2012
- 29 injured as train derails in Pakistan (Lead) - Sep 10, 2011
- Three dead as blast derails train in Pakistan - Aug 29, 2012
- One killed, 20 injured in Thane train collision (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- 25 injured after train derails in central India - May 10, 2011
- 26 hurt in Orissa train collision, a few trains cancelled (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Fifteen die as train derails in West Bengal (Third Lead) - May 28, 2010
- Two killed in train-truck collision, major accident averted - Jul 30, 2012
- 35 burnt alive as Tamil Nadu Express catches fire (Third Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- 25 dead as Hampi Express rams into goods train in Andhra (Second Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Train derails in Uttar Pradesh, all passengers safe - Apr 27, 2011
- Four die as Doon Express derails in UP (Second Lead) - May 31, 2012
Tags: bogies, coach, derailment, ferozepur, haryana, luggage compartment, mail, medical sciences, New Delhi, police officials, postgraduate institute, railway official, railway officials, railway track, rohtak district, traffic, train