20 dead in UP road accidentApril 29th, 2012 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 29 (IANS) At least 20 people were killed, while over 12 others were injured Sunday when two buses collided in Uttar Pradesh’s Gorakhpur district, around 265 km from the state capital, police said.
According to police, a speeding state road transport corporate bus collided head on with a private bus coming from the opposite direction at Maniram village near Chiluataal town of Gorakhpur district. The private bus turned turtle due to the impact of the collision.
The dead include 11 men, six women and three children, Lallan Singh, Superintendent of Police, Gorakhpur, told IANS.
Singh said that casualties might go up as rescue operation was still on and over a dozen of the injured have been admitted to the Gorakhpur Medical College in critical condition.
- Six-year-old dies as school van overturns - Aug 05, 2011
- 16 die in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 19, 2012
- Eight dead as vehicle slams into bus in UP - Apr 21, 2012
- One student killed, 10 hurt as van overturns - Oct 20, 2011
- Violence after bus mows down 8-year-old - Jan 24, 2011
- Bus knocks down 11 in Meerut, two killed - Oct 19, 2011
- Seven killed in UP bus-car smash - Jul 09, 2012
- Eight students among 12 killed in Haryana road accident - Apr 28, 2011
- Woman killed, two injured as car catches fire - Oct 18, 2011
- One killed, 12 students injured in UP road mishaps - May 03, 2012
- Eight devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 15, 2010
- Four killed, 10 injured as trucks collide - Jan 11, 2011
- DTC buses collide, 17 injured - Oct 01, 2011
- Locals clash with police after minor's killing - Jul 29, 2011
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012