20-day-old boy stolen, left back in same hospitalJune 15th, 2008 - 2:22 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, June 15 (IANS) A 20-day-old boy, who was suspected to have been stolen from a government hospital in Chhattisgarh, was left back in a deserted section of the same hospital after 24 hours, the police said Sunday. The police said the baby was born to a mentally disturbed woman and was stolen Friday midnight from Surguja district government hospital, some 350 km north of capital Raipur.
“We questioned dozens of childless parents, who had recently contacted district authorities, wishing to adopt a healthy boy child,” Balaji Rao, additional superintendent of police, Surguja, told IANS by phone.
“The kid is very healthy but his mother is mad. So the child was kept separately by doctors at the neonatal ward from where he was stolen,” Rao said.
He said those who stole the boy left him early Sunday on a hospital bed located in a deserted section of the district hospital.
Hospital officials have heaved a sigh of relief.
The police in Raipur are still clueless about a similar case where an eight-day-old boy was stolen May 31 from the state’s biggest hospital, Bhimrao Ambedkar Government Hospital.
Munni Bai, 25, hailing from Raipur’s outskirts Mandir Hasod area gave birth to the boy at Ambedkar hospital May 24. She returned to her village June 9 after the police failed to recover her child.
- Over 200 workers in hospital after food poisoning - Oct 02, 2010
- Mother in coma after eight-day-old boy disappears - Jun 02, 2008
- 11-month boy stolen from Hyderabad hospital - Oct 26, 2010
- Mother in coma after infant goes missing, police clueless (Lead) - Jun 02, 2008
- New-born baby boy found abandoned in Gurgaon - May 12, 2012
- Andhra man beats wife for carrying girl child - Apr 03, 2012
- Chhattisgarh cop suspended for youth's custodial death - Feb 22, 2012
- Infant stolen from government hospital in Hyderabad - Aug 17, 2010
- Four killed in Chhattisgarh road accident - Aug 18, 2010
- Eight killed in Chhattisgarh van-truck collision - May 11, 2011
- Second abandoned infant found in Gurgaon in a week - Apr 18, 2012
- Food poisoning kills three of family - Apr 28, 2010
- Baby girl abandoned in Gurgaon - Apr 25, 2012
- Sketch of suspected woman released in child theft case(Lead) - Jun 03, 2008
- Baby Falak case: two held, human trafficking suspected (Second Lead) - Feb 06, 2012