20 cars damaged in chain collisionNovember 4th, 2011 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Nov 4 (IANS) In a chain collision, about 20 cars were damaged when they rammed against one another on National Highway-24 Friday in Hapur town of Panchsheel Nagar district, a police official said.
The police said the accident occurred around 6.30 a.m. when the vehicles were moving on NH-24. A truck going towards Lucknow suddenly applied bakes, which led to the chain collision. Six cars were damaged badly and had to be removed by cranes. About a dozen commuters sustained minor injuries in the collisions.
“The driver of the truck said that he was forced to apply the brakes when a wild animal suddenly came on the highway,” said the superintendent of police Panchsheel Nagar.
- 2 killed, 16 injured in Ghaziabad accident - Mar 11, 2012
- Three monks killed in Jaipur car accident - Jun 28, 2012
- Plans unveiled for hassle-free travel to Ghaziabad - Mar 30, 2012
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- Nine killed in two road accidents in Ghaziabad - Nov 06, 2011
- Driver rams bus into park to avoid collision - Mar 07, 2012
- Three killed in five-vehicle collision in Delhi - Aug 06, 2011
- Chain-snatchers fire at pursuing youth - Sep 02, 2011
- On Delhi's edge, BSP holds sway (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Traffic woes continue for Delhiites (Roundup) - Sep 28, 2010
- Hapur is Uttar Pradesh's 74th district (Lead) - Sep 28, 2011
- Five killed in China road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- Man dies at daughter's college gates - Dec 24, 2010
- Notorious criminals arrested in Ghaziabad - Jun 17, 2012
- Two held for harassing women on train - Jul 03, 2011