2-year-old girl slapped with speeding ticket!November 14th, 2007 - 10:24 am ICT by admin
Toddler Ayesha Khan’s mum Sharna was baffled when cops told her to pay up or face court over her daughter’s speeding.
“Ayesha is only two years old, she cannot even reach the pedals of a car and can only just ride her bicycle,” the Daily Mail quoted Sharna, as saying.
However, later cops admitted that they had made a mistake after Sharna proved she was in Huddersfield as the time and the car’s registration didn’t match their car.
“At first I assumed someone had been caught for speeding and just give a false name, but the ticket was issued from a speed camera,” Sharna said.
“If the car that was speeding on the police system registered to Ayesha, then they would have needed her details to insure and register the car,” she added.
Ayesha’s father Mohamed said: “Ayesha has not even left the house on her own yet. If there is an ID fraud going on I want the police to help us get to the bottom of it.
“I do not want anything on any records that may harm her future - that must not happen,” he added.
Chief Inspector Ian Blint, head of roads’ policing, said: “There has been an ambiguity in the information supplied to us that caused the notice of intended prosecution to be issued to Ayesha Khan.
“This is beyond our control and we apologise for any inconvenience and distress caused by the Khan family. We are satisfied that there has been no deliberate attempt by anyone to mislead,” he added.
South Yorkshire police have promised the Khan family that they will be contacting them to resolve the matter. (ANI)
- Briton held for running over Asian-origin kids - Aug 21, 2012
- Three Britons held for running over Asian-origin kids (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- When train passengers awaited a 'runaway lion' - Nov 07, 2011
- Police chase train to reunite mother, kid - Mar 07, 2011
- Lampard clocked driving at nearly 93mph in a 50mph zone - Feb 25, 2011
- Charlie Sheen's Washington DC high-speed police escort investigated - Apr 23, 2011
- Katie Price gets 6-month driving ban for speeding - Dec 02, 2010
- Parents booked over malnourished kid's death - Dec 16, 2011
- When court named girl of a separated couple - Jul 15, 2011
- Watch 'Chennamma I.P.S' for Ayesha's stunts (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 03, 2011
- Jaipur toddler drowns in bucket of water - May 15, 2012
- Robin Williams pulled over for biking - Apr 20, 2011
- Baby Falak's chances of survival bleak: Doctor - Feb 02, 2012
- Brit convicts pedal to freedom during cycling test - Sep 17, 2010
- Teacher buried pupil who choked to death - Apr 08, 2011