2 killed, 27 injured in Greater Noida accidentOctober 2nd, 2008 - 11:24 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, Oct 2 (IANS) Two people were killed and 27 seriously injured Thursday when the tractor-trolley they were riding overturned in this Delhi suburb, a police official said.The incident took place around 8.45 a.m. when the tractor-trolley driver was driving at high speed and the vehicle overturned near Icchar Birondi village.
About 35 people were riding the tractor’s trolley. Of them, two people - Mohammad Farooq (35) and Raj (32) - were killed and 27 people were seriously injured.
Abdul Sheikh, who was injured, said the vehicle was being driven at high speed and when it overturned, the passengers were thrown in the air before falling on the road.
The injured were admitted to Kailash Hospital in Greater Noida and Krishna Hospital at Swarn Nagri in Kasna area.
While Raj died on way to Kailash Hospital, Mohammad Farooq died around 1 p.m.
“Most of these people were working as contract labourers at the construction sites of Unitech near Birondi-Bironda village,” said R.K. Chaturvedi, senior superintendent of police.
Most of the injured belonged to Bihar and West Bengal, Chaturvedi said.
- Four killed as oil tanker hits tractor-trolley - Oct 06, 2011
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Agra road accident claims two lives - Apr 27, 2012
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- Six killed as train rams into vehicle - Mar 09, 2010
- Two brothers crushed to death in Ghaziabad - Sep 25, 2011
- Five die, several injured in road accident in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 06, 2010
- Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 19, 2010
- Nine killed as train rams into tractor-tolley (Lead) - Mar 09, 2010
- 14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Eight devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 15, 2010
- Eight killed as tractor-trolley falls into gorge - Jan 23, 2010
- Five killed in accident, driver commits suicide - May 20, 2010
- Six kanwarias killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 06, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh accident toll rises to 24 - Feb 09, 2010