2 arrested for making illicit liquor in DelhiOctober 11th, 2009 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 11 (IANS) Delhi Police have arrested two men allegedly involved in manufacturing and trading in illicit liquor.
“Baldev Singh, 33, and Sonu Singh, 20, were caught from Jaitpur area Saturday night while they were preparing illicit liquor,” said a senior police official.
The police seized from them over 200 litres of illicit liquor as well as raw material and equipment used for distillation.
“The two were manufacturing the liquor for the Diwali season,” the police official added.
- A tale of drinks and drugs as Punjab votes - Jan 29, 2012
- 81,000 litres of illicit liquor destroyed in Nepal - Jun 20, 2012
- Hooch kills 12 in Punjab, two held (Third Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Seven arrested for smuggling illicit liquor - Apr 14, 2012
- Illicit liquor kills four in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 27, 2011
- Rs 33.66 crore, 697,000 liquor bottles seized - Jan 29, 2012
- Delhi's pottery market survives amid posh malls (With Images) - Jan 17, 2012
- 35 law-breakers held in Pakistan - Feb 14, 2012
- Panchayat orders Rs.5,000 fine on spurious liquor sellers - Nov 28, 2011
- We're in dire straits: Kerala distilleries - Aug 19, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.400 mn seized in Pakistan - Nov 23, 2010
- Moonshine kills 11 in Punjab - Aug 07, 2012
- 13 held for selling illicit liquor in Bihar - Feb 20, 2011
- Two minor girls knocked down by teenage boy; one dies - Jun 21, 2012
- 580 knives seized in Costa Rican prison - Jul 01, 2011