1984 riots case against Sajjan: Final arguments from March 16February 13th, 2012 - 11:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 13 (IANS) The final arguments in a Delhi court in a case of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar’s alleged involvement in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots here are likely to begin March 16.
District Judge J.R. Aryan asked the Central Bureau of Investigation to submit a synopsis of its written arguments by March 5. The judge said that the investigating agency will start the argument.
Sajjan Kumar, along with co-accused Balwan Khokkar, Kishan Khokkar, Mahender Yadav, Girdhari Lal and Captain Bhagmal, has been charged with inciting a mob against the Sikh community.
Six Sikhs were allegedly killed in Delhi Cantonment area during the riots that had broken out after the assassination of then prime minister Indira Gandhi Oct 31, 1984.
The case was registered in 2005 on a recommendation by G.T. Nanavati Commission which investigated into the riots.
- Court dismisses Sajjan Kumar's plea for documents - Apr 22, 2010
- Rivals implicated me in 1984 riots case: Sajjan Kumar - Aug 14, 2012
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots: Accused man's statement recorded - Jul 06, 2011
- Court frames charges against Sajjan Kumar in 1984 riots - May 28, 2010
- Sajjan Kumar to give evidence to defend self in riots case - Jul 19, 2011
- 1984 riots: Order on Sajjan Kumar charges May 15 - May 04, 2010
- Sajjan Kumar seeks documents from CBI in riots case - Apr 05, 2010
- Sajjan claims right to confront witness with proof - May 23, 2012
- Apex court stays anti-Sikh riots case against Sajjan - Aug 13, 2010
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots: Court records Sajjan Kumar's statement - Jul 18, 2011
- Frame charges against Sajjan Kumar for 1984 riots: Court - May 15, 2010
- Sajjan wants more documents from CBI in 1984 riots case - Apr 07, 2010
- 1984 riots: Sajjan Kumar's plea dismissed - Jun 02, 2012
- No relief to Sajjan Kumar from high court (Lead) - Aug 20, 2010
- Only three witnesses deposed against me: Sajjan Kumar - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: anti sikh riots, aryan, cantonment area, central bureau of investigation, congress leader, delhi cantonment, delhi court, district judge, indira gandhi, investigating agency, lal, mahender, mob, nanavati commission, New Delhi, oct 31, prime minister indira, sajjan kumar, sikh community, sikhs