‘1920′ was shot in one of the ten most haunted castles in the worldSeptember 4th, 2008 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 4 (IANS) Vikram Bhatt’s supernatural period love story “1920″ was shot in a castle in England which is one of the 10 most haunted castles in the world, said Anjori Alagh who is playing the second female lead in the film.”1920″ which was shot in Allerton castle situated in Yorkshire in northern England, the largest county of Britain, is seventh among the list of top ten haunted castles in the world, said Anjori.
“The huge castle was located in a lonely place where there was nothing around. Though nothing happened during our whole schedule, we always had an eerie feeling while we walked around,” Anjori told IANS.
“We discovered the fact after we reached there and I think no one from the cast knew about it before,” Anjori added.
She said there were few rooms inside the castle where no one was supposed to go unless accompanied by the owner.
“The owner did not speak much and walked around the castle with a lantern in his hand.” She said.
Anjori recalled an incident when she and Adah, the female lead in the film, went into a room where no one was allowed to go.
“Both of us had a certain feeling when we entered the room and immediately came out. The room was a huge one decorated in the old Victorian style and we had an eerie feeling when we entered the room.”
However in spite of all these episodes, Anjori said she enjoyed the one month schedule there and had a memorable experience.
“We shot for a month in the castle and came back to Mumbai and shot the rest,” Anjori said.
Anjori, who debuted with Vikram Bhatt’s “Life Mein Kabhie Kabhie”, is the daughter of well known television actor Maya Alagh.
“Vikram has really shaped up my character in the film well,” said Anjori.
“1920″ marks the debut of two new comers - model turned actor Rajneesh Duggal and Adah Sharma. The film also stars Barkha Bisht, Raj Zutshi and Amit Bishnoi.
The film is scheduled for release on Sep 12.
- Juhi Chawla to return with road trip movie - Jan 18, 2012
- Fame sometimes hinders growth: Rajneesh - Apr 29, 2012
- 'Haunted', takes horror genre the x-tra mile (IANS Hindi Film Review, Rating:***) - May 07, 2011
- Shahid begins shooting for Kunal Kohli's next (Movie Snippets) - May 29, 2011
- Deepak Tijori to direct two films this year - Jun 26, 2012
- Reliance Entertainment to co-produce 'Dangerous Ishq' - Oct 01, 2011
- Vikram Bhatt: Not Scared Of Ghosts But Of Human Beings - Jan 31, 2011
- 1920 hit couple pair up again for Vikram Bhatt's production - 'Phhir' - May 22, 2009
- Box office offers spooky 'Haunted', teenage romance 'Luv Ka...' (IANS preview) - May 04, 2011
- Karisma disciplined, focused: Jimmy Sheirgill - May 03, 2012
- 1920 couple not a couple in their upcoming next - Jun 01, 2009
- We all are prisoners of fame: Mahesh Bhatt - Jul 31, 2012
- Aditya Narayan in Love with 1920 heroine Adha Sharma! - Sep 03, 2009
- 'Haunted' is my most challenging film: Vikram Bhatt - Feb 08, 2011
- Horror films have loyal audience, says Shiney Ahuja - Dec 02, 2011