19 get life term for killing two brothersJune 16th, 2010 - 12:21 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 15 (IANS) Nineteen people were Tuesday sentenced to life imprisonment by a court in Uttar Pradesh for the murder five years ago of two Dalit brothers, officials said.
A fast track court in Barabanki awarded life terms to Naumi Lal and his 18 aides, who had brutally assaulted Ram Sagar and Ram Dev in November 2005 in Saraiya village, some 35 km from here, over a land dispute.
“Armed with sticks and other weapons, Lal and his associates had attacked the two brothers, who died on their way to hospital. Later a criminal case was slapped against 19 people, of which 12 were arrested while the remaining surrendered,” police inspector Komal Singh told reporters in Barabanki.
After the murder, the victims’ family had also moved the court.
- Three brothers sentenced to life for murder - Mar 30, 2011
- Death penalty for six in triple murder - Dec 21, 2010
- Dead man alive: Apex court asks Jhansi court to probe - Dec 09, 2011
- Man sentenced to life for killing sister-in-law - Jul 18, 2012
- Arun Gawli, 11 others get life for corporator's murder (Intro Roundup) - Aug 31, 2012
- Arun Gawli, 11 others get life for corporator's murder (Roundup) - Aug 31, 2012
- Two get death penalty for killing four people - Mar 16, 2011
- Cop beats jeweller to death in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 24, 2011
- Death sentences commuted for six in Khairlanji massacre case (Lead) - Jul 14, 2010
- Six get life in jail for double murder - Sep 28, 2011
- Main accused arrested in Dalit girl attack - Feb 07, 2011
- Death sentence commuted to life for six in Khairlanji masscare case - Jul 14, 2010
- Arun Gawli, 11 others get life for corporator's murder (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- 108-year-old former prisoner dies - Aug 26, 2011
- Seniors booked for ragging in Uttar Pradesh, one held - Sep 13, 2011