189 requests for prosecution pending: ministerDecember 14th, 2011 - 10:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 14 (IANS) The government said Wednesday that 189 requests for sanction for prosecution of corrupt officials are pending with central ministers and departments as well as states.
The maximum of 30 requests were with the department of financial services in the finance ministry, Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office V. Narayanasamy told the Lok Sabha.
This was followed by 24 requests with the Custom and Central Excise department, also attached to the finance ministry, 16 with the government of Assam and 12 in the ministry of health and family welfare.
Ten cases were pending in the ministry of railways, the minster said.
- Government unveils anti-graft steps, to set up fast-track courts - Sep 15, 2011
- 1,483 officers face corruption charges: Chavan - Aug 11, 2010
- 955 public servants caught taking bribe - Aug 17, 2011
- Amendments to Lokpal bill being considered, says Narayanasamy - Feb 11, 2012
- Tax officials meet to discuss effective governance - Jun 03, 2012
- CBI slaps 3,621 cases against officers, others - Aug 04, 2011
- PMO attempts to counter Anna's anti-corruption stir threat - Jul 24, 2012
- Orissa delays prosecution of officers: Activists - Apr 18, 2011
- Pranab urge states to cut levies on diesel, LPG - Jun 27, 2011
- 'Graft cases pending against 41 officials' - Aug 13, 2010
- Naveen Patnaik protecting the corrupt: Anti-graft group - Nov 03, 2011
- CVC recommends major penalty proceedings against 96 officials - Sep 14, 2010
- Security sought to run trains in Assam (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- PM surprised at only few anti-graft courts functional - Apr 30, 2011
- Bill to check corruption in procurement soon: Minister - Sep 26, 2011
Tags: assam, corrupt officials, excise department, finance ministry, financial services, government said wednesday, Lok Sabha, minister of state, ministry of health, ministry of health and family welfare, minster, New Delhi, prime minister, prosecution, railways, sanction