18-year-old girl alleges rape by co-workerJune 28th, 2011 - 11:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 28 (IANS) A 18-year-old girl working in a garment export firm here has alleged she was raped by her co-worker, police said Tuesday, adding the perpetrator has been arrested.
“Aalam, a resident of Kalkaji area of South Delhi, was arrested from his home Monday after the 18-year-old victim alleged that Aalam raped her. Both of them hail from Thakurganj in Bihar,” said a senior police officer.
The victim told police that her father was a farmer and she wanted earn money for family members by working as maid. “Two months ago, Aalam brought her to Delhi from Bihar and arranged a job for her in a garments exports company in south Delhi where he worked.
“Aalam works in the embroidery section of the company and had got the girl placed there only. On the night of June 4, Aalam raped her and threatened her of dire consequences if she told anyone. The terrified girl kept quiet but finally on Monday she got courage and made a complaint at Mianwali police station,” said the officer.
Police said that since the area of crime lies in the Kalkaji police station area, matter was transferred here later. “After investigation, Aalam was arrested,” said the officer.
- Youth held for raping Assamese girl - Apr 21, 2011
- Couple arrested for harassing minor maids - Apr 27, 2012
- Eight-year-old girl raped in Delhi - Mar 18, 2011
- 13-year-old girl raped, accused held in Delhi - Mar 11, 2011
- Priest held for raping schoolgirl - May 20, 2011
- Man arrested for raping lover - Oct 31, 2011
- Youth arrested for raping minor - Mar 24, 2012
- Man held for raping daughter - Jan 15, 2012
- Woman found dead near Delhi metro station - Apr 24, 2012
- Boy arrested for raping six-month-old child - Jun 10, 2011
- Myanmarese refugee held for raping niece - Jun 09, 2011
- Women raped by cab driver in south Delhi - Dec 13, 2011
- 22-year-old maid raped by employer, two others - Jun 22, 2011
- Teenager raped in Delhi - Apr 14, 2011
- Four held for gang rape - Jun 20, 2011
Tags: co worker, consequences, courage, embroidery section, export firm, family members, garment export, garments, job, money, New Delhi, old girl, perpetrator, police officer, police station, rape, south delhi