18 killed in West Bengal accidents (Lead)July 9th, 2010 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 9 (IANS) At least 18 people were killed in two road accidents in West Bengal, police said Friday.
Twelve people died when the car they were in collided head on with a truck at Barjora in Bankura district late Thursday.
Six people lost their lives when their autorickshaw rammed into a trailer near Raiganj in North Dinajpur district early Friday.
Bankura Superintendent of Police Vishal Garg told IANS that the Bankura victims, including a 10-year-old girl, were going to Jomadargram village to attend a wedding. The truck driver fled.
In the second accident, the six victims were returning from a marriage ceremony.
- Six killed as trailer rams autorickshaw in Bengal - Jul 09, 2010
- Twelve members of marriage party killed in West Bengal - Jul 09, 2010
- 7 killed, 16 injured in Bengal accident - Jun 09, 2012
- 10 killed in Bengal accidents - Mar 20, 2011
- Six found dead in West Bengal poultry farm - Dec 29, 2009
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- 17 dead in China road accident - Aug 06, 2011
- 18 devotees killed in Punjab accident (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- 11 killed in road accident in Bengal - Mar 17, 2012
- Tusker kills man cycling to work - Feb 22, 2011
- Five killed in Pakistan road accident - Mar 09, 2012
- Seven killed in Haryana accident - Apr 25, 2012
- Nine of family killed in Haryana accident (Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- Five killed in accident - Apr 15, 2010